The Boudica socks braid has a cable on every round which is slowing me down, this week I bottled out and got a size 0 circular. Five active needles plus a cable needle was twelve points to jab myself and it wasn’t pretty.
I love the colour of this yarn. The fabric has a slight sheen and feels very warm and solid, the gauge is a bulletproof 9.5 st/in. The heel directions in the pattern are unlike anything I’ve seen before, and that’s next. I’m learning a lot on this pattern.
I’m waiting for my membership in Destash for cash. My yarn lives in a plastic tub in the closet, and I want to evict some of the stuff I’m not going to use. The list so far includes:
- Loopy Ewe sock club #1 All Things Heather yarn (turquoise and yellow) and pattern ($25 for both)
- Loopy Ewe sock club #2 Claudia Handpainted yarn (autumn colours) and pattern ($25 for both)
- one skein of Lisa Souza’s Sock! in garnet ($15)
- one skein of 100% merino from Twisted in Chomp ($21)
- one skein of Sunshine Yarns Welsh Green Dragon, much more green than her recent versions ($22)
- Fleece Artist basic merino in Lagoon ($17)
- a ball of Austermann Step in colour 1 which is reddish ($13)
- 3 balls of Elsebeth Lavold’s Hempathy in desert sand (1 swatched and rewound) ($13) –>
It’s all new and unused, except for swatching the Hempathy, but it’s not as appealing to me as I thought when I got it. I seem to be in a semi-solid yarn phase rather than variegated right now. If anyone’s interested in them before I put them on the Destash website, leave a comment here. I’m taking pictures of the yarn but I don’t have them yet. Shipping would be extra and I’m getting a Paypal account set up. I have two cats, but they don’t go in the yarn box.
Edit 30th Sept:
I have photos of the yarn on Flickr now.