New Scientist’s Top 10 Physics stories of 2009
- First black hole for light created on Earth
- The perfect way to slice a pizza
- The math of gambling
- What the Large Hadron Collider is really looking for
- Rainbow trapped for the first time
- Super clocks – More accurate than Time itself
- Diamonds are for softies–boron is harder
- Can fractals make sense of the quantum world?
- A bizarre universe may be lurking in the shadows
- What string theory is really good for
The pizza slice article is fantastic! The gambling article is another gem, you can use maths and statistics to gamble but your return will likely not match your outlay, the house still wins.