Way back in May 2008 I started knitting a cardigan. I worked on it from May to October, then shelved it. I couldn’t figure out how the stitches at the bottom got cast off. I wanted to wear it, but I was stuck.
This year I resolve to complete it. Thanks to knitting the Spiraluscious cowl (twice), I figured out what the pattern wanted. The Eris pattern was perfectly clear but I couldn’t visualise it until after I’d done the cowl bind off because a similar thing is going on. The short row cables and the curled-under hem look fantastic.
Now I can do the right front corner to match this one, and figure out what I want to do with the sleeves. Floppy sleeves are bad, but I need to be able to wear long sleeves under Eris. A sleeve seam would give stability, rather than knitting them in the round. Floppy cuffs are the worst thing ever, I plan to tweak the sleeve decreases to get smaller cuffs. I’m wearing this in 2010.