Finally finished my Campanula scarf. It felt like this took forever, and how do you make scarf progress reports interesting?
I started tweeting a fact for each number of repeats I completed, to make it more interesting:
- A 7 sided shape is called a heptagon.
- The Latin word for 10 is "decem", as in December, the tenth and final month in the Roman calendar before they added July and August in honour of Ceasar.
- The atomic number for Aluminium is 13, meaning it has thirteen protons in the nucleus
- A note played for 1/16 the duration of a whole note is called a semi-quaver.
- The 19th President of the United States was Rutherford B. Hayes.
- 21 is the standard TCP/IP port number for FTP connections
- Motion picture film is usually projected at 24 frames per second.
I was hoping to get up to 27 repeats, but I was almost out of yarn at 24 and tired of the scarf. The yarn is very fragile, I won’t block it with wires, only minimal pin blocking. It is very soft, but the tangling of this skein, and reports from other people on Ravelry of their tangling nightmares mean I won’t get this again.